We’re keen to work with reliable people who are passionate about the arts who are seeking an exciting and rewarding internship. We are currently offering three-month expenses only internships so if this appeals to you do send a covering letter and CV to Laura Green, Senior Editor at After Nyne Magazine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Magazine Intern, After Nyne Magazine (based at After Nyne Gallery)
Claire Meadows, Editor-in-Chief, After Nyne Magazine & Group Director, After Nyne Creative Services Group Ltd.
ABOUT AFTER NYNE
Published quarterly, After Nyne Magazine has fast become one of the art industry’s most respected titles. After Nyne draws together the finest creative minds and combines it with beautiful design for a unique visual experience. The magazine brings together some of today’s most exciting emerging artists alongside more established names, and positions them amongst corporate industry luminaries – creating a unique and wide-ranging view of the arts. Key figures featured in the past year include Sir Terence Conran, Maggi Hambling, Sonia Boyce, Hayden Kays, Lisson Gallery, Jan Hendrix, Swizz Beatz, Phillips auction house, Barbara Hulanicki and Conrad Shawcross.
At the heart of the award-nominated magazine’s continuing success is its beautiful design and layout – this is an art title to treasure and keep. A beautiful publication that readers return to again and again.
This coffee table publication is a revered collector’s item – distributed in limited editions – and boasts a unique cross-section of readers encompassing art fans, artists, curators, gallery owners and investors both in the UK and internationally. The magazine is available in art bookshops, museum shops, art galleries and specialist newsagents.
This is an exciting role that offers a range of activities beyond the scope of a usual intern’s position. The integration of the magazine and the publishing and consulting arms of the business into the gallery schedule means that there is wide scope for a varied workload. We’re seeking a proactive candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get involved. A candidate who is confident in taking ownership of their workload and who is professional, well-presented, thoughtful and articulate.
BENEFITS TO CANDIDATE
Our interns are given the opportunities to develop, and build upon existing research, administration and organisational skills as well developing the ability to find creative solutions to problems and learning on the job on a range of projects. Alongside their regular administrative responsibilities, our successful candidate will be given a project that will be their sole responsibility to plan, manage and execute with the agreement of, and in consultation with the magazine’s editor
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The magazine intern role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following
SOCIAL MEDIA & ONLINE MANAGEMENT
- Curating and updating the content on After Nyne’s online platform on a weekly basis; conducting interviews and seeking ways to improve on the existing range of content.
- Managing After Nyne social media channels to make sure news is going out in a timely and engaging manner.
- Researching projects online and manually as needed
- Managing social media campaigns with input from the magazine editor.
- Liaising with stockists and suppliers as directed by the magazine editor
- Conducting market research on upcoming projects
- Taking minutes at magazine meetings.
- Proofreading, picture sourcing and other activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent organisational ability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A flexible and practical approach
- A genuine interest in and enthusiasm for art
- Creative flair
- Administrative and IT skills
- The ability to work independently, as well as part of a group
- Experience of Photoshop, database management, social media & Mailchimp is also useful
HOURS & REMUNERATION
- This is a 12-week internship with the view to extending by mutual agreement once this period expires.
- Typical days/hours will be three days a week 9:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Salary:Travel and lunch expenses capped at £10 a day